Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Way Back When-sday


At top is a picture of all four of the Brothers Gentry with Pops in historic Colonial Williamsburg, Va. From left it's Stephen, Brandon, Pops, me and Russell. Mama took the picture. How Russell got to be the lucky one to have on jeans and not checkered pants I'll never know. Pops had it worse than any of us. Look at his shoes and leisure suit. In the picture to the right, it's all of us with Pops at the Cliffs of the Neuse State Park between Goldsboro and Kinston in North Carolina. In that picture (from left) it's me, Pops, Brandon (with gun), Russell and Stephen. Both pictures are from the late 1970s.



I've gotten a lot of support from my brothers during various times in my life -- mentally and physically. They've always made me feel like if I reached out, they'd be there. That still holds true today ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and my brother had those pants. Plaid bells, gotta love 'em. yep, '78. I guess we were in style.

Jeffrey said...

In style... Yeah, I like looking at it that way.